Welcome to Rise Forums

Join our fantastic community to connect with like-minded website owners, WordPress users, and online entrepreneurs.

Writing offline software

Discussion in 'Productivity' started by Tarannum, Feb 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi,

Is there any software so that I can write offline and paste it to wordpress without any adjustment?

Thanks

2. I have never been a big fan of writing articles in blog editors because, as you rightly say, articles need formatted after you upload them.

If I had to do a lot of writing offline for articles I would be publishing on a WordPress website, I would install a local installation of WordPress on my computer and add articles that way. That would ensure everything would be formatted correctly.

However, you may want to wait and hear the advice from members who do use blog editors. I am sure there are some editors out there that do play nice with WordPress.

Tarannum likes this.
  3. Yes, waiting for some suggestions. I think there is less distraction of mind if I write offline. :sneaky: Else my mind goes to checking mail, FB or another site.:unsure:

4. Previously I wrote in MS Words/WordPad before posting online, recently I saved my work on Google Doc as I work among several computers, and would also do it on my android phone sometimes.
    I would just focus on writing, I'll leave the format, photos and other media to be taken care of after I paste my article in WP.

Heather and Tarannum like this.
  5. You should use WordPress editor, if you need write in offline mode, install WP on your local machine and then do copy/paste like Kevin said.

Using MS Word or any other stuff requires readjusting after pasting into WP editor - waste of time :)

Tarannum and Kevin Muldoon like this.
  6. Hi, Tarannum,

For now I usually write in Google docs like Soki, and then paste it into Wordpress, do a bunch more revising, and then do my formatting in Wordpress.

That does sound like a good idea to do that local installation of Wordpress on the computer... but for now I'll probably just keep going the way I am. I know what you mean about being distracted by the internet!

Maybe you could try that Freedom app. I haven't tried it, but I bet it would help. :) https://macfreedom.com/

Tarannum likes this.
  7. thanks for help ..If I install wordpress on computer, can I still post online? Means can I use wordpress offline and online together?

8. No.

The installations will not be synced. You will need to copy and paste over individual articles and related media. If you are transferring many articles, you could use the WordPress importer.

9. Actually it is possible :p but it's quite hard solution for regular WP users.
    It requires knowledge about Git, Mercurial, wp-config setup.
    Here is a detailed tutorial http://code.tutsplus.com/articles/h...ordpress-blog-using-version-control--wp-22135 but for you, the best (and safest) way is to write locally and then copy/paste to remote WP.

I don't understand why you are not writing directly on your site. It's the fastest and quite safe (auto save, revisions) solution.

Kevin Muldoon likes this.
  10. Kris, about typing directly in wordpress... I don't like how the type is so tiny, for one thing. And I didn't realize it auto-saved. I keep hitting "save draft" to make it save... Do I not have to do that? And also I have a little fear of accidentally pressing publish, although really that would be hard to do on accident. And it's convenient for me to type in google docs because my email is usually open.

Is there a way to make the type look better typing in WP?

11. Thank you, Kris. Maybe I will try that. :)

12. I think, if @Tarannum installs the JetPack plugin and uses the Markdown option, or installs any other Markdown WordPress plugin and then uses offline editors which support Markdown, that should keep the formatting intact.

Texts.io has one such editor, but it's some 15 bucks or so (one month free trial is available).

You don't have to write using Markdown syntax, the program does it automatically when you copy/paste or save the file.

There maybe other editors available which do the same.

Tarannum likes this.
  13. Thanks Raspal.. I am using jetpack plugin. I will try the markdown option.

Raspal likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.