Welcome to Rise Forums

Join our fantastic community to connect with like-minded website owners, WordPress users, and online entrepreneurs.

Yoast or other plugin?

Discussion in 'SEO & PPC Marketing' started by Heather, Oct 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I was thinking of using Yoast in my website. Do you all approve? Or would you recommend something else?

My immediate need is to get the images to show up in the FB preview when I share on FB, and I read that you can do something in Yoast to make that happen.

2. I did a little more reading, and I just got a little more enlightened, I think. What some simply refer to as Yoast or the Yoast plugin is actually Wordpress SEO by Yoast?

So, my question really should be (I think), is Wordpress SEO a good option? Thanks! :)

3. I just installed it.... But, when I post a post to FB, it still is not showing my image in the preview. Any idea why?

4. Hi Heather,

yes, WordPress SEO by Yoast. I would recommend it, it's one of the best SEO add-ons for WordPress.

Have you enabled Open Graph meta data? Click on WordPress SEO -> Social and check the "Add Open Graph meta data" field under the Facebook tab.

5. Yeah WordPress SEO is a great plugin. One of the best ways of optimising your website for search engines.

The open graph option that Boris refers to should resolve the issue for you :)

6. +1 for Yoast

7. Thanks! That's what I had read to do, and when I opened Social, that box was already checked... so I don't know why it's not working. But I'll try again.

8. It takes some extra time before some things go live. Like sometimes Sitemaps takes 30 minutes to go live and shows 404. So also check if there is no cache plugin installed and if so clear the cache. Keep retrying or try to resave the settings and it should work

9. Thanks, Prakash. I don't know... The image shows up when I post it as a status on FB, but when I put it in a comment, the preview picture box is blank. Weird. I will try again later.

10. Another one for Yoast. The guy knows his stuff, and I recommend it to everybody.

Heather likes this.
  11. I went ahead and posted it in one of my Facebook groups, and the preview picture was blank. I left it alone, and voila! It was showing up this morning. Maybe it just took some time, like you said.

12. @Heather good to know it works. I have had this issue many times that at times it takes anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour for changes to show up on the blog. May be its due to some sort of caching being employed by the hosting company because it tends to happen more often on one host than another.

Heather likes this.
  13. Heather, if that happens again. just go to this page : (search in Google for Facebook debugger - I still can't post links here. )

And put the full URL of your blog post in there. You can force Facebook to refresh it's cache and update the image if ever you think it needs this.

Heather likes this.
  14. Oh btw, you might wanna get WPSSO as well :) It'll help with Twitter cards and all

Heather likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.