Welcome to Rise Forums

Join our fantastic community to connect with like-minded website owners, WordPress users, and online entrepreneurs.

Youtube Views = How Much Money?

Discussion in 'Video & Audio Recording' started by BrinWilson, Jun 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi all,

I was watching a YouTube video with 5million views today and wondered how much money such a video will generate for the author?

How does it work? Does YouTube pay you a set fee per view? And if so how much? And if not a set fee per view, what are the variables involved? I.e. what changes the fee per view - the topic? The reputation/history of the author? What?

I know nothing at all and am now deeply curious. :)

Thks,
    Brin

2. #2 BrinWilson, Jun 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
    - or maybe you only get paid when people actually click on ads? In which case, any ballpark figures on what kind of money a general (i.e. non niche) 5million-views video will have generated for its creator (in terms of simply YouTube advertising revenue)?

3. You get paid for views on a CPM basis. You also get money for clicks etc.

There are similar variables in generating revenue as there are with Google Adsense for websites. You can generate a different amount based on the ad that is being displayed, the topic etc.

Most YouTube users get around $1 or $2 CPM. So for one million views you would receive $1,000 to $2,000. It could be more, it could be less.

4. Yeah what Kevin said. I've just checked and I have had 116 views, with $0.12 earned. Not going to give up the day job yet I don't think, so I think for a million it would be $1,000 - $2,000.

With that said, most YouTubers have alternative ways of making money, here's a pretty decent video by a couple of YouTubers about it.

Kevin Muldoon likes this.
  5. Be good if we could do something together Rhys. If only to play a game together or something :)

6. Yeah by all means :) - I'd be up for that!

7. Cool. We can discuss this when you are back from France and try and do something together.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.